Yoga in the Workplace
Yoga is not only a practice of mind body awareness and a fitness regime. It is also a great team building tool to help establish community and forge better working relationships.
Yoga is a ancient practice with practical modern applications. The Sagehouse team are well versed in sharing the practice of yoga in the corporate workplace. Every corporate workplace should implement a wellness program for their employees. Our increasingly hectic and global world, especially in the corporate sphere puts increasing demands on pressure on employers and employees alike. The following is a list of simple but the most common way to a mental and emotional meltdown.
- Working long hours hunched over a computer
- Skipping meals
- Sitting for prolonged hours
- Radiation from wifi and cell phones
Before long, these work habits begin to take their toll on our bodies and minds in the form of stress, tension and sickness. And while a mild amount of stress can help us meet deadlines, too much stress, or constant stress, can interfere with numerous physical and mental abilities. According to Harvard Medical,
“chronic stress can lead to high blood pressure and heart disease. It can dampen the immune system, increasing susceptibility to colds and other common infections. It can contribute to asthma, digestive disorders, cancer, and other health problems. New research even supports the notion that high levels of stress somehow speed up the aging process. Though stress is inevitable, you can help control your body’s response to it. Exercise, meditation, invoking the relaxation response, and mindfulness are great stress busters.” ~Harvard Health Publications, Medical School
And multiple research findings show that workplace stress leads to less productive employees. “In a June 2017 annual research conducted on Januray 2017 surveying 100 Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) in the financial services industry in Singapore, reveals that 78 per cent of them expect stress levels of their finance staff to rise over the next three years.” ~Alvin Kosasi, AsiaOne
Benefits of Corporate Yoga for EMPLOYEES:
- Reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Reduces muscle tension and pain
- Increases energy and vitality
- Improves memory, mental clarity and concentration
- Improves posture, muscle tone and flexibility
- Improves overall health, resulting in less sick-days and absences
- Reduces back, neck and shoulder pain
- Increases motivation and efficiency
- Improves morale in the workplace
Benefits of Corporate Yoga for COMPANIES:
- Increased productivity
- Decreased health care premiums
- Reduced staff turnover
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Higher job satisfaction amongst employees
- More attractive to potential employees seeking employment with your company
Health is Wealth
It’s as simple as that. When we are healthy, we are better able to face challenges and give our best to whatever endeavor we undertake.
Recent research indicates that companies who offer yoga and wellness program to their employees reduce their annual health insurance premiums, and thereby improve their bottom line.
How Do I Get Started?
Sagehouse can customize a class to best fit the needs of your company and employees. We provide qualified, experienced and certified teachers. You provide a classroom space (common spaces include gyms, conference rooms, larger offices, rooftops) and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you’d like to explore the value of adding a yoga program to your workplace benefits, we’d like to help. Simply send us an email to [email protected] and we’ll take care of the rest! Alternatively, you may call us at 9123 9608
SG Workplace Health Promotion Grant
The Health Promotion Board (HPB) offers a funding scheme called the Workplace Health Promotion Grant. This fund provides financial support to corporations who want to start health programs to improve health and well being of their employees. A corporate yoga practice program is eligible for a Workplace Health Promotion Grant. We are happy to help you in the process of obtaining this grant, please contact us for more information.
Single Corporate Class
- Up to 20 pax
- Up to 20 pax
- Up to 20 pax
- No mats or props are provided.
- Students should bring their own mats and towels (We are able to help arrange a purchase of mats to your office should you need help).
- Bring your own bottle of water to hydrate yourself after every session.
- Students should wear comfortable clothing to move freely. No belts or dresses.
- A conference room or other space is to be provided by the company.
Cancellation Policy and No Shows:
Events cancelled less than 7 days prior to scheduled date are subject to cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of a single corporate class.