Private Pilates Classes
Click here for a brief history of what pilates is.
Click here for a description of the pilates machines.
We offer solo (one-on-one) or duet (one-on-two) sessions in private pilates classes in the east of Singapore near Joo Chiat. Pilates is a series of roughly 500 exercises derived from yoga, ballet and calisthenics (bodyweight exercises). They are designed to tone the core to create muscular balance while releasing stress and anxiety in the body. At the same time, pilates focuses on lengthening and strengthening all the major muscles as well as the little muscles you didn’t even know existed. Private Pilates Classes also help you to develop a sense of precision and grace in your movement that can complement other athletic activities you do, or assist in developing your awareness of optimal posture in daily life.
A private pilates class will be conducted on one or multiple machines depending on what the focus is (The Pilates Cadillac, Pilates Reformer, Pilates Chair and Pilates Ladder Barrel). Harvard Health reports that it is not sufficient to only maintain regular physical activity to keep healthy and reduce stress, but that mindful breathing and mental exercises are necessary too. The 6 pillars of Pilates integrate all of through entraining Concentration, Centering, Control, Breathing, Precision and Flow in your mind body connection.
Whether you are an athlete with a high capability of movement, or someone who has suffered from a series of injuries undergoing physiotherapy and movement rehabilitation, a one-on-one pilates class can be customized to your needs and goals.
Highlights of a Private Pilates Class:
- Increases core strength (glutes, outer hips, inner thighs, pelvic floor, groin, abdominal muscles, lower back muscles).
- Builds muscular strength and tone through resistance training.
- Conditions the entire body.
- Develops flexibility and range of motion in the spine, shoulders, hips and legs (alleviates the most common adhesions: tight shoulders, lower back, hips, hamstrings).
- Optimizes lung’s breath capacity to aid circulation.
- Reinforces the joints and connective tissue.
- Improves the entire postural structure.
- Reduces the chance of musculoskeletal injuries or re-injuries.
- Enhances physical coordination and balance.
- Entrains deeper focus and concentration.
- Expands overall mental and physical awareness.
- Eliminates stress and anxiety while promoting relaxation.
- Safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries.
Pain and Stress Management:
For the average joe, the physical manifestations of pain and discomfort comes mainly from low physical activity, stress, hormonal disorders, nutritional imbalance, psychological and psychiatric disorders (ongoing mentally and emotionally stress) and lack of sleep. However, even if you are an athlete, repetitive strains can also be linked to mental and emotional stress if ambition and ego get the best of us.
At Sagehouse, we look at every physical manifestation of pain from a deeper angle, and try to address it from a holistic perspective. We also take into account of your ability to maintain and manage your stress levels. Stress does not only manifest into physical pain, but stress is undeniably related to your mental and emotional habits and patterns. While Pilates can help to reprogram your awareness of utilizing your physicality optimally, we also encourage you to not only nurture yourself on the physical level, but invite you to delve deeper into other aspects of self-care.
Are you breathing enough? Are you breathing deeply?
Come visit our monthly RESTORATIVE YOGA CLASS to learn the art of relaxation through deep breathing.
Are you feeling like stress is getting to you? Do you feel you need a new way of releasing your mental and emotional frustrations?
Come visit our weekly AJNA LIGHT THERAPY classes or book a private meditation session to give you the tools to make a lasting difference from the inside out.
Special Customizations of a Private Pilates Class:
- Sports Related & Wear and Tear Injuries – Pilates is a safe and dynamic way to rehabilitate and re-train muscular imbalances from wear and tear from football, basketball, rugby, running, swimming, tennis, golf, rowing and even walking without proper awareness:
- Foot and Ankle injuries – Runner’s heel, plantar fasciitis, ankle sprain, tendonitis (Achilles, tibialis posterior, peroneal)
- Knee injuries – Ligament tears: ACL, MCL, PCL; meniscus tears, patellofemoral issues, sprains, tendon tears, dislocations, fractures, knee replacements, post-surgical rehab.
- Hip injuries – Bursitis, arthritis, labral tear, Sports Hernia, sciatica, piriformis syndrome, IT band syndrome, dislocation, hip flexor strains, muscle strains, joint pain, groin pain.
- Shoulder injuries – Acromioclavicular joint (ACJ) injuries, dislocations, subacromial impingement (impingement syndrome, bursitis, rotator cuff tendinitis, supraspinatus tendonitis), shoulder fractures, shoulder arthritis, rotator cuff tears, frozen shoulder, Superior Labral Antero-Posterio (SLAP) lesion tears, bicep injuries, labral tears, tennis elbow.
- Low Back Pain – musculoligamentous strain (strain of lumbar soft tissue), spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, stenosis, herniated nucleus pulposus, scoliosis, Schueuermann’s kyphosis (hunch-back), lumbar fusion, bulging or herniated discs, sacroiliac joint pain.
- Neuromuscular Related and Other Issues:
- Muscular and Myofascial Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
3 Private Pilates Class Starter
$299 (worth $465)
Solo Private 299 SGD
3 Duet Pilates Class Starter
$425 (worth $750)
Duet Private 425 SGD
Note: online transactions are subject to a 3.4% charge. Please email us at [email protected] if you wish to pay in cash or bank transfer
***Before you embark on this new journey, the following types of people must seek professional medical advice and/or approval:
- Pregnant women
- Pre-existing musculoskeletal injuries (i.e. ankle fracture, hip bursitis, etc)
- Pre-existing medical conditions like heart disease
- Post-surgery of any kind
- Overweight or obese